Emphasis And Contrast

 Now let's move forward and look at  other Principles of Design, which are Emphasis and Contrast. Emphasis is a strategy that aims to draw the viewer’s attention to a specific design element. The emphasis part of a composition is the one that stands out the most or appears closest to you. While Contrast, occurs when two or more visual elements in a composition are different.  In visual perception of the real world, contrast is determined by the difference in the color and brightness of the object and other objects within the same field of view.

Both these Principles are very important aspect for any design, but they are most important in the field of Photography. And in order to display that, I have attempted several compositions using 4 main grids of photography. These grids are- Golden Spiral, Golden Grid, Pyramidal and last but not the least- Rule of Third. Keeping these grids in mind one can get some aesthetically pleasing and balanced pictures, so let's look at what I have tried!

First Composition

For the first composition, my main subject are a pair of sandals.

1. Golden Grid


2. Golden Spiral


3. Pyramidal 


4. Rule of Third


Second Composition

For the second composition, my main subject is my Cousin. These pictures are from this new year, where me and my family took a trip. And because of the scenic view of the beach I was compelled to try clicking the pictures according to these four grids!

1. Golden Grid


2. Golden Spiral


3. Pyramidal 


4. Rule of Third



Third Composition

For the third composition, my main subject was a bottle of Perfume. Here, I went a little extra and tried to experiment with the lighting and the striking color contrast.

1. Golden Grid

2. Golden Spiral

3. Pyramidal


4. Rule of Third


Fourth Composition

For my fourth composition, my main subject was my friend whom I styled in a very Minimal yet Modern look with accessories and a bit of makeup.

1. Golden Grid


2. Golden Spiral


3. Pyramidal 


4. Rule of Third


That's all folks!




































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recreating A Garment

Minimalism